1. Tell us a little bit about yourself—where are you from and what brought you to Milwaukee?
I was born in Denver, but grew up in Green Bay (HUGE cheesehead). I have lived many different places, most recently was living in Denver the last couple years to play, but moved back last fall to Milwaukee to be closer to family and the Packers.
2. What got you interested in TRX?
I stumbled upon TRX back in 2012 at this tiny studio while I was living in Louisville, KY. I immediately was obsessed, became certified in 2013 and taught for a year before moving to Denver! I practice a variety of different workouts but I love how you can make TRX whatever you want from stretching/Pilates style moves to HIIT and strength movements.
3. What is your favorite post workout snack?
4. When you’re not at SPIRE, where are you and what are you doing?
I work as an RN in a Neuro-ICU. I am also going back to school for Family Nurse Practitioner, so SPIRE is my fun and energizing release from busy work and school! Any other free time I have I try to travel.
5. Who or what has inSPIRED you?
Kirstie Ennis, an amputee, who not only just made the cover of ESPN body magazine, but has overcome more adversity than I can even comprehend and is just a total badass who does every sport.
6. What is your go-to song to work out to?
That is too hard of a question! Off the top of my head Flex (Ooh, Ooh, Ooh) by Rich Homie Quan
7. What kind of music will we be listening to in your TRX class?
I like variety, and I try to incorporate different styles while keeping up energy. My personal guilty preference while working out is hip-hop, but I enjoy listening to just about everything. Disclaimer: probably will not be head banging metal.
8. What is your guilty pleasure?
I mean, not too sound too basic, but Netflix. And Hulu. And HBOGO. And Showtime.
9. What are some things on your bucket list?
Heli-ski and climbing Mt Kilimanjaro would be at the top.
10. What motivates you to keep pushing hard, especially in the gym?
Music is a big motivator, many times if I feel like not going to the gym, I will just start blaring music in my house so I get energized but mainly it is how it makes me feel. I love to enjoy good food and fun happy hours, and working out balances everything out and just makes me feel good. Holding myself accountable is always important.
11. What is some of the best advice you have received?
“Just be” Life can be so hectic, taking a deep breath and just letting life happen is so important in the chaos of everyday life.
12. What is a unique fact that few people know about you?
I dislike Zoo’s. I am trying to get over it.
13. If you won the lottery, what would you do with the money?
It would probably be best to say give it away, but to be honest, I would first pay off student loans, travel, save some, and then give it away between my siblings, charities and/or medical research.
14. What is your favorite workout clothing/brand?
Not too sound too basic again, but lululemon.